Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ranting and then the countdown begins!

Rant- So, I got a babysitter last night to surprise Brian and have an evening out. We went to Applebees for dinner. Considering it was after six when we got there, I thought there would be a long line. Luckily, we only waited for about 10 minutes, and that was the best part of the meal. Our server came and got our drink and appetizer order. She brought out drinks and then disappeared without taking our meal order. She then walked by a total of 4 TIMES over the next 15 minutes (yes, I count.. I'm a loser) and never stopped to take out order. Brian ended up having to go to the bar and tell another server that we still had not ordered our meals. So, another server came over to take our meal order and promised to send a manager over. Meanwhile (sorry this is kinda long) , our appetizer came out and IT WAS THE WRONG APPETIZER!! I said, "This isn't ours." The server then proceeded to rudely say, "Well, didn't you get an appetizer." I then stated that we did, but not that one. She then continued to be rude and said "You changed your apppetizer?" I then informed her that we DID NOT change our appetizer, but they had ordered the wrong one. They brought tuscan cheese dip. I ordered chicken wraps....Do those sound ANYTHING alike??? So, the manager came over and talked to us about all the badness of our experience thus far. I must say this was the WORST excuse for a manager. Brian and I have both been servers in the past (for numerous years, I might add). And, Brian even served at different Applebees for three years. The manager barely apologized and just said that he would talk to our server to see what happened. WHAT HAPPENED??? I JUST TOLD YOU WHAT HAPPENED YOU MORON!! So, our food came out, luckily that was right. Our server never apologized for anything nor did they at least take the appetizer off the bill. So, Brian and I got the number for their corporate offices before we left and they WILL be getting a call on Monday. To top it all off, I got sick later in the evening. I think it was from the food. I bet crazy server did something to it since we'd already complained before it came out. Okay......I think I feel better now.

So, the posts are bound to get fewer and farther between as I am starting school again next week and the rat race begins. I have definitely enjoyed these weeks off. It will be hard to go back in some ways, but in other ways I am very ready.

I took Johanna to Freedlanders Pool for the first time the other day with my sister and her kidos. Johanna really enjoyed being in the water. Plus, I ran into an old friend from high school (Ami Krantz, now Ami Brian). It was great to be able to chat with her and see her two adorable kids. It's amazing how many old friends, and some just aquaintances, I have caught up with through myspace, this blog, and other weird places!

Brian and I got Johanna's six month pics, and they are so cute! I am going to try to figure out a way to post a few if I can.

I have enjoyed spending lots of time with my husband and beautiful daughter. We have enjoyed many lunches and dinners out with friends and family.

I am late for church... Gotta Go!! Finish later with pics!!!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh..I hope you can post some of her pictures! Thanks for the words of encouragement(I'm having some problems returning e-mail on myspace). I've definitely been feeling disappointed over the pressure of an impending induction. I'm sure it won't be the last time that parenthood doesn't bring what I've expected and prepared for! It's been wonderful to be able to reconnect with so many people I haven't talked to in such a long time over this whole motherhood experience. I really appreciate your support and advice!

Amanda West said...

You crack me up!! Did you happen to read my post about Applebees and servers writing down my order a while back? You totally sound like me!! At another recent experience there, we had a server who started out as a hostess right when I moved here (5 years ago!). I asked her to write down what I wanted and she got all huffy about it. I told her I wanted a quesadilla with cheese and bacon only, no pico. She goes "do you want the jalepenos on it"? I said no, it doesn't come with jalapenos on it, I just want cheese and bacon only. She said "yes it does". This girl is bitchy and has given me an attitude before when I've asked her to write down my order before, so I gave her attitude right back and said "Oh, I didn't realize that they changed them because the regular quesadillas have never had jalapenos on them". She said "yes, they always have". Whatever bitchy server girl at the Applebees at Higley and Brown... I only speak up like that when I know I'm right. Geesh. I feel better now too. ;o)

Can't wait to see the 6-month pictures!!! YAY!!