Monday, November 19, 2007

Lemonade...or not and Sisters

So, life has been a little stressful lately. Johanna has been sick on and off for about a month and a half. She seems to be on the mend once again. So, let's hope that she is on the mend for good! I was having an especially bad day on Friday. My wonderful sis took pity on me and surprised me with cards (one for me and one for Johanna) and flowers. I discovered this is the first time I have gotten flowers since I had Johanna (ahhumm...Brian). I guess I'm not a huge flower person, but on Friday I realized that it is just such a nice gesture. I REALLY appreciated it. So, anyway, the flowers were great and look super nice on our table. However, the card my sis got for me is the reason for this blog (two in one day- you all must feel special). She found the most perfect card for me! Not only was it perfect for the situation, but it sounds like me talking! So, here goes-

Outside of the card-
"Hang in there.....sometimes life hands you lemons, but then you can make lemonade..

Inside of card- "Of course, sometimes life pulls down your pants, runs a power sander across your naked butt, then pours lemon juice on your raw abraded buttocks. In that case, a cool citrus drink wouldn't really help but, darn it... you've got to hang in there anyway!"

So, this is for those of us who have had a power sander abrading our naked butts for awhile now. Kudos to my sis for making me laugh over and over again. Love you!!

2 comments:

Amanda West said...

It even makes me appreciate the card!! ;o) That was a good one...

Samantha said...

Heh...I need this card!