Thursday, January 3, 2008

Time for a change...

Things have been changing a lot around here, and I felt it was time to do a little face lift for the good ol' blog. Hope you like the changes. It is taking me awhile to get used to it, but I'm getting there.

I have so much to blog about and not enough time to do it!! So, I will post bits at a time and hopefully be caught up by next Christmas.

It is somewhat sad that the Christmas and New Years are over. They were CRAZY busy, but I still seem to be experiencing some "post-holiday let down." Today is Brian's first full day back at work since last Friday, and we just got back from a trip to Lexington, KY to visit some friends. However, I am getting ahead of myself. To cheer me up, I will start at the beginning...Christmas Day!!
Well, here is Christmas Eve when Brian and I were being Mr. and Mrs. Clause for the first time. Yes, we are that cheesy. We opened and set up all of Johanna's gifts the night before which was a REALLY great idea.



Johanna arose at her usual 8 am, but was unaware of what was about to take place. Here is a synopsis...

This is how we found her at 8 am when we entered her room. Notice the puddle of drool and the pajamas that are almost too small.

We then got her dressed for the day including her "My First Christmas" booties since she was too big to fit into any of the "My First Christmas" outfits.
We headed downstairs (pics taken before the toy bomb exploded)




where we opened presents
and ate our Christmas morning cinnamon rolls!

We (meaning Johanna even though I wanted to) then took a morning nap while Brian and I prepared food and belongings to head over to my sister's for a family Christmas celebration after Johanna got up...which is a whole other post.
I have to leave you wanting more ya know!

2 comments:

Amanda West said...

Your house looked all cute and festive!! AND, I like the new layout!! I'm right there with ya... I have about 10 blogs that I want to do but not enough time to do them... I'm sure I'll have like 5-6 over the weekend!!

Amanda West said...

OH and I forgot to tell you that's a nice shirt Brian's wearing!! ;o)