Thursday, June 5, 2008

No Autographs Please



I just had to post these two pic today because they so capture a current stage that Johanna is in. She is really just "too cool." She is "too cool" for help doing anything. We were at the pool this afternoon and she was just wwaaaayyyyy "too cool" to hold mommy's hand next to the water. After only a slight meltdown things went okay. But, she really is just so independent and loves to doing everything "like a big girl." Yesterday, she was in the bathroom with me at my mom's house (because you never get to go alone after you become a mom), and they have a kids potty for my sisters youngest. She walked up to it, said "potty", and opened the lid. So, I randomly asked if she wanted to sit on the potty. She answered with a very clear "yes" as she pulled her own pants down. I helped her take her diaper off and she sat on the potty. When I was done, I asked her if she was done (even though she just sat there the whole time). She said "yes" so I handed her some toilet paper (just for effect) She proceeded to wipe and throw it on the floor (not sure where she learned to throw it on the floor). She was very proud of herself. So, as you can see, she is just "too cool" for anything "baby." It goes too fast.

No comments: