Monday, July 21, 2008

Pause

Have no fear fellow bloggers, I am still here and well. I have decieded that I need a vacation from coming home from vacation. It was great to come home and be reunited with Johanna! She was very happy to see us, but had a fabulous time with both sets of grandparents. I have several blogs that I am still working on about our trip. It was such a fabulous trip. We really enjoyed spending time together- just the two of us. It once again reminded me that I truly married my best friend.

Adjusting to post-vacation life has been a little rough. Brian has been working third shift ever since he went back to work (to cover for someone else on vacation). It has made things very interesting around here. Let's just say I am excited that tonight is his last night :)

Also, my grandma is in town from Florida. We had a family reunion yesterday, and have been getting together with family pretty much everyday since grandma got here last Wednesday. It has been really great to spend time with her. Johanna really love her Great GaGa!

Johanna is doing great. I think she has officially entered the "terrible twos" even though she is only almost 18 months. It's not really that bad except when I am really tired which has been often lately. She doesn't listen as quickly as she once did. When asked to comply her eyes often seem to say "and what are you gonna do if I don't!" She also has broken out into a pretty steady chorus of "no" and"mine" lately. At the library, she waits to see what toy some other child is going to play with and them runs up and says "no, mine!" We have been working a lot on sharing and not saying "no" to mommy and daddy. At least she does well when redirected. It's the initial act which is so "terrible" two-ish. It is good to know that she is normal, and the "mine" thing means that she is recognizing herself separately from others. She has also started occasionally calling her daddy "Brian" which of course cracks Brian up. At least it means that she now recognizes that one person called be called numerous names.

That is a brief synopsis of what is going on in the Miller household. Crazy as usual, but I wouldn't miss it for the world!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I know it has been a rough time for all of you with Brian on third. I have been thinking of you and praying for you often. Hang in there! Love ya.

Erika said...

Seriously been worried about you...Was going to call Brian and make sure you hadn't been abducted by Mexican warlords...Glad you're ok.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mama!!! I'm glad to hear life is going well and you made it safely back from vacation!

(I occasionally read your blog when I'm at work!)

I wanted to let you know i'm in my Masters program for elementary School counseling and we talk about the terrible two's all the time! Much research on it- have you looked into Baby Einstein Sign Language? Sign's the key for the two's! :)

She's still so adorable though!!!

Rachel said...

Bri- Thanks for the comment! We started teaching Johanna signs at about 6 months or so. The ones she know, she uses all the time (and says the words). She is quite a talker for her age which helps a lot. She was kinda into Baby Einstein, but prefers the occasional ELMO's World!