Friday, June 18, 2010

Change makes me itch

Miller Family 10 months down the road.......

We are preparing to move to Lexington, KY. That's right. I said the words, "We're Moving." Those two words represent a lot in my life right now. Let's do a top ten-

1. Stress- We NEED to sell our house and it's not even listed right now. We have started the process, and it should be in the MLS at the beginning of July. Did I mention we're moving.......I think that moving and stress are synonyms.

2. Good-bye- I resigned from my teaching position which was actually very difficult. I absolutely LOVE the people I worked with. There are some people there who hold a very special place in my heart. They know who they are, and I know that we will be connected forever.

3. New beginnings- I am gonna be a stay-at-home mama now. This is very exciting and a little scary at the same time! I know that it is what is best for my family, and I am excited to spend so much more QT with Jo. It is still a big change in my life, and it will be strange for me to not be working in a professional environment. I am sure that I will call people just to get out some "teacher talk" on a regular basis!

4. PARTY- I have been trying to spend as much time as possible with friends and family who I will be leaving. This equals LOTS of good times! Details will be kept to myself ;-)

5. Exciting- We are going to be moving close to some good friends of ours. I am happy that we already have a built in support network, and I love them dearly. It is also nice that many of them have kids Johanna's age, so she already has friends!

6. Projects- I did mention that we are selling our house, right?

7. Packing- I am not ready to talk about this yet. AHHHHHHHH!

8. Transition- Those of you who know me, know that I like to be in control of things (call it a downfall or a gift). Since I seriously have NO control over my circumstances, my hair color is going to be changing again soon. The purple has disappeared (yes, I had purple highlights and it was AWESOME), and now I am ready for something new again.

9. $$$- Not a word but you get the picture. Brian has started his own business in Lexington (upcoming post about this). Between drives, projects, moving, etc... Let's just say $$$ is a pain in my #%&.

10. Mess- Did I mention we're moving?

Well, jut a brief look into the Miller house at this stage. Stay tuned. It's going to be an interesting ride. It's good to be back.

No comments: