Friday, March 28, 2008

Daddy's specialty...

For those of you who don't know, Brian is a connoisseur of lasagna. He has tried many different lasagnas and made many different versions in search of the perfect lasagna. He finally nailed down the recipe he thinks tastes best, and he makes it every chance he gets. I have to admit, it is pretty darn good!

So, Brian and I were in the process of making dinner for some friends of ours that recently had a baby. You can guess what we made....that's right, Lasagna. Brian made the lasagna and I made dessert. Luckily Brian bought enough ingredients to make 2 big lasagnas which meant we got to keep one! Woohoo for my taste buds, but not so much for my waistline.

So, this long story is leading to Johanna getting to eat lasagna for only the second (maybe third) time in her life. She is a leading food critic and the anxious chef awaited her review.

Here's what happened-

She delicately took a bite



She then spent time thinking about the variety of tastes and textures



She then went for another bite


She took her time chewing


A piece and a half later, the results were in.......


Two Thumbs Up! Way to go daddy!



2 comments:

Erika said...

We second that Johanna! Uncle Shawn and Aunt Erika love daddy's lasagna, too! Have you had his pancakes?!?! Yum!

Amanda West said...

I can't believe how big she's getting, she looks so grown up!! I'm proud of you for getting back into the swing of blogging too!! I missed seeing your updates!! YAY!! ;o)