Saturday, April 5, 2008

First Haircut

So, many of you know that throughout many months of Johanna's life she was a little....um....., let's just say follicley challenged. I don't know if I spelled that right, but you get the point. Even when she was nine months old, there were newborn babies with more hair than her. It often led people to ask about my little boy, even when she was draped in pink. At about ten months her hair started coming in . The back seems to grow much faster then the front, which seems to be a common baby hair dilemma. By thirteen months (back in March) it had grown enough in the back that she was starting to look like she was sporting a mullet. While we all love a little achy- breaky- heart every now and then, mommy and daddy decided it was time for a haircut. I already had an appointment to get my hair trimmed that next Monday. My fabulous hair stylist was nice enough to fit Johanna in later in the day. Here's how it went...

She was a little scared of the pointy metal object.
But, after we bribed her with a snack, she did just fine!

I think she really enjoyed her cape!! But she especially enjoyed her snack.
Almost done!
So beautiful!!! Thanks Kara!

3 comments:

Erika said...

She looks so cute and like such a big girl in those pics! Can't wait to see you guys in May. The kids are going to have too much fun playing together!

Amanda West said...

Aww!! YAY Johanna!! She looks beautiful!!

P.S. Kara actually worked for my dad for a little while!! ;o)

Samantha said...

What a big girl! So cute.