Thursday, April 10, 2008

ER- it comes with the territory

So, we just had another initiation into parenthood- our first trip to the ER. I was working out at the Y and Johanna was playing in the babysitting room. All of a sudden, the babysitter brought her into the room crying and then walked back out with her. I immediately followed just thinking that she missed mommy or something. When I got in the room where they were, I could see blood coming out of Johanna's mouth. Let me just tell you that it was the scariest and worst feeling ever. She had fallen and hit her mouth on a floor radiator. Luckily one of the other ladies in my spinning class is an ER nurse. She had followed me into the room and was helping me try to figure out where all the blood was coming from. I ended up taking her to the ER where they couldn't really do anything. She cut her gums and that thing that attaches our top lip to our gums. She also has a really fat lip. We brought her home and gave her a bath. She looked soooooo much better with all the blood washed off her face. Poor little baby. She did so good. She was saying "hi" and "bye" to everyone at the hospital. At that point, I think I was more upset than her.

Praise the Lord that she is okay. Her guardian angel was working a little overtime today (thank you!).



2 comments:

Amanda West said...

Aww, poor Johanna!! I'm glad she's ok!!

Sarah said...

She looks so much better in these photos than she did at the hospital! I am so glad that she is okay. Tell her that Aunt Sarah loves her.