Thursday, May 15, 2008

Whew...

We are expecting company tomorrow. Our good friends Shawn and Erika, as well as their three kids, are making the trek up to good ol' Woo town for my graduation party on Saturday. They will be staying with us for the weekend, which will be lots of crazy chaotic fun for adults and kids alike! So, today I had a challenge that is not for the faint of heart. I needed to clean my whole house and do some major grocery shopping. The cleaning doesn't sound too bad except for the fact that my house hadn't been REALLY cleaned since right before I brought Johanna home from the hospital (thanks to my mom and sis). I mean, Brian and I are not filthy people or anything.... but we do choose to clean around the bed instead of under it. Who REALLY cleans under their bed all the time anyway?

With the help of my entire family (Brian on morning baby duty, dad on afternoon baby duty, and mom with a vacuum in one hand and a rag in the other) the house is complete. I literally had a two inch layer of dust on my hardwood floor underneath my bed. I AM NOT KIDDING. I also completed my grocery shopping and have everything put away. I even managed to have an eye appointment and pick out new glasses (pictures to come) in the middle of the afternoon.

So, I am basking in the limelight of a productive day. Because, who cares if you don't yet have a job so long as you have a clean house.



1 comment:

Samantha said...

So good to hear that we're not the only ones who only clean really throroughly when we have company coming! Deep cleaning is on my growing list of things to accomplish in July!