Monday, June 9, 2008

Oops...

I missed a day already. Hey, everyone should take at least one day off which should include blogging as well. My camera batteries need recharged so I haven't taken any really great photos lately. We have been having a ton of fun at the pool 3- 4 days a week. Daddy got to come for the first time today. He had fun but was ready to leave after about 30 minutes. I informed him that I did not pack up two bags worth of stuff and pay 5 bucks to get him in so that we could stay for 30 minutes. The work required to make it to the pool with a toddler requires at least an hour stay.

Johanna gave me a great reminder tonight. I was tired. It had been a fun but long day. Johanna had already had her bath and was in her jammies. I was trying to give her a bedtime snack (one of her favorites parts of the day). She proceeded to take a bite and then run off. She has this new game of "come and get me" every time we want her to come to us. Let's just say that mommy is not a fan. So, I told her that mommy was not going to chase her this time because mommy was tired and hungry (no dinner yet) and that if she wanted her snack she needed to come and eat it before mommy did (yes, I was very serious). She proceeded to duck around the corner again. I sighed a sigh of frustration and then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Johanna's smiling face peak around the corner. She was playing peek-a-boo with me at the same spot I played it with her almost every day. By the third "boo" I was laughing out loud. What a nice little reminder that no matter what happens throughout the day, I have the best "boo"-er willing and waiting to provide a smile, hug, and kiss :)

Recent pics of my giggle-box!



No comments: