Saturday, July 5, 2008

The time has come...

We leave Johanna in about 30 minutes. I am sad and excited at the same time- so sad to be leaving my little girl, but so excited to spend a week with my husband. I know that she will be fine and have a blast with grandma and grandpa.

I couldn't leave without one more post. I apologize that I usually don't have time to edit my posts. I often go back and reread later (after they have already been posted for a day or so) and make the corrections. However, I will not be doing that this time, so DEAL WITH IT!

We had a blast at a 4th of July party at a friends house. They have a BIG party every 4th and we always go. They had over 100 people this year! There are lots of kids, and they are so accommodating. They have tons of toys and things for all the kids to do. Plus, they live right across from where the fireworks get shot off, so we watch from their front yard! A big thanks to Jim and Darcy for always opening up their home!

We kept Johanna up for the fireworks. She had a blast playing at the party (as you will see) and LOVED the fireworks! She keep saying "oooooo, ahhhhh," clapping, and asking (or signing) for more! Here are some pics from the day. Johanna had a really cute and festive outfit which got demolished in the sand box (thats not mud on her butt- it's sand!). Also, please notice all the sand on her face- not food, but close enough to her. She only ate about three handfuls :)

Before the party:




At the party:





A great pic with grandpa! I wonder if we could get rid of the sand around her mouth?!


During the fireworks: