Friday, July 4, 2008

One day to go....

I must start by saying HAPPY 4th of JULY (and yes that took entirely too much time to do). With us leaving tomorrow, we obviously have a million things to do. Johanna is all set to have grandmas and grandpas watch here all week. Although, I don't know if Brian or I are ready for that :( We are EXTREMELY excited for vacation, but it is still sad to leave her.

So, you know anal-retentive me has a list on the fridge (one section for Brian and one for myself) of things that must be completed before we leave tomorrow. However, husbands have minds of their own. Brian decided that instead of just sticking to the list, he would clean out the refrigerator. Now normally I would be jumping up and down and screaming "YAY!" But, with vacation only one day away, clean shelves just didn't rank high on my list. I had already cleaned out any old food. So, Brian took about an hour and a half to clean out every inch of the fridge which resulted in this-



Umm yeah, that is a broken window. When he was drying part of a shelf, a piece of metal slid out and busted right through one of our kitchen windows. It was like something out of the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire. Brian is now running around getting it all fixed up. Needless to say, our lists are not looking so good.

But, life will go on, and we will still leave and everything will be fine. It really is kind of humorous. I couldn't be too mad since he was cleaning up the mess, he got a shard of glass stuck in his hand. Lets just say- lots of blood. Johanna was very confused. I kept trying to help him and keep her away at the same time. CRAZY!!

I think we need a vacation from getting ready for vacation! Although, I sure will miss this face-

(and no, I am not talking about my face which is cut off in this picture)

2 comments:

Amanda West said...

Oh my goodness, what a crazy day!! Well, atleast Brian made it to the fridge... he just got sidetracked! Have fun on your trip and don't drink the water... (or the tequila) it causes you to make babies! (Brynn was made in Puerto Vallarta, MX!)

Anonymous said...

I wondered why there was a towel and a note from Wooster Glass right by the kitchen window. :)