Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Funny Story and Insanity...

Let's start with the funny story...
Johanna was eating lunch and watching Micky Mouse Clubhouse while I was cleaning up from a play-date. While I scraped Playdoh off my floor, I remember watching her eat her grilled cheese as she was engrossed in the storyline. After her show was over, it was time for nap. She promptly said "No no mommy. I have to finish eating first." She proceeded to look at her pretty much empty plate (only a few small remnants of cottage cheese). She look right at me with suspicious eyes and asked "Mommy, where my sandwich?" I told her that she already ate it, but she obviously didn't believe me. Next came "Mommy, where you put my sandwich? You eat it?" Now apparently I am a lying mother who steals food from her child. I think maybe she eventually believed that she ate it.

Now to the insanity- Friday morning I leave for Florida. Going will be my mom, my sister and her two kids (ages 3 and 5), as well as Johanna and myself. Did I mention we are driving? I am not packed yet. I can't seem to get past the enormity of the whole trip. So, please hold us in your thoughts and prayers. I will be back to blogging upon my return. I am sure that I will have stories of the trip as well as stories of how Brian spent his week of man-time at home all alone. Until then, have a great summer and a HAPPY FORTH OF JULY!

No comments: