Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A new kind of normal..


I am so grateful for all the people who have been supporting me and checking-in on me since the school year has begun. I have been readily reminded of how many wonderful people I have in my life- what a true blessing. I figured I would write a quick post about this.

For my readers who don't know what is going on: I taught 7th grade at Rittman Middle School for two years, but resigned from my job at the end of last year because Brian started his own business in Lexington, KY and we were needing to move. At that point I never anticipated still being around wooster when school started again. I LOVE still getting to hang out with all my really close friends here. However, it was definitely weird to be around when a lot of them were getting ready to go back to the classroom.

Overall, I will really just miss the people I worked with as well as being a professional and knowing my opinion counted for something. I really love the education field, and I know I will return one day. On the flip side, I really love getting to be home with Johanna. I have noticed a HUGE improvement in her because of this. I know that I am doing the right thing for her. I am finding ways to keep very busy (or I wouldn't be me!) and am reconnecting to the daytime community of other moms. I am doing things for myself again....which feels great.

Yesterday was the first day with students. I wanted to know how the day went, but I didn't desire to be teaching it. This is right for me for now, and I am going to enjoy it! I decided to home school Johanna for preschool since our life is kind of in limbo right now. I spent her rest time yesterday writing a week's worth of lesson plans. Yes, I am still a teacher at heart! It is going to be fun, and I am enjoying getting to utilize my vast organizational skills :-)

I guess that is all for now. Sorry, nothing witty or thought provoking. Just an update on us....and we are good.


No comments: