Sunday, September 12, 2010

Learning Hurts

I have to admit that I have been going through a painful learning and growing process these past few months. I have learned many things about myself some of which aren't the greatest....but I'm working on that. I also have been reminded about how strong I am, and that I have amazing people in my life that will help me when the going gets tough.

I guess that's why this post is somewhat painful to write. One of the things that I am working on is being more real with people that are trustworthy. People that I should be real with. I usually want to just gloss over my feelings and make it look like everything is perfect. I have found that most other people like that as well. It makes me neat and clean....not needy, and not difficult to deal with.

Unfortunately, underneath it all I actually have feelings (don't die of shock...this is actually REALLY hard for me to admit). I do get bothered by things. My feelings get hurt just like other people. I still am not exactly the oversensitive type. I don't get ruffled easily, but it does happen. When it does happen I need to be able to admit that it happens.

I am grateful that I have people who have seen me for who I am ....the good, the bad, and the ugly, and still love me unconditionally. People who would give anything for me when times are good or bad. People who I don't have to explain my feelings to because they already "get it", and people who somehow know what I need without me always having to ask for it.

So, if you have even one person in your life that fits this glorious description....be grateful. They are precious gems that are a blessing to find and should be treasured for a lifetime. They can never be replaced. They grow in value as years go by. Their worth cannot be measured.




1 comment:

Mere said...

I love you!