Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Spirit of the Season

We will pause from our regularly scheduled blogging of complaints and frustration for this important announcement:

I cannot believe that it is almost the middle of November. This is my absolute favorite time of year for so many reasons.

1) LOVE the weather! It was warm today (mid 70's) but beautiful. Jo got to play with friends in the leaves all afternoon....one of the greatest joys of being a kid!

2) Thanksgiving is one of my two favorite holidays (bet you'd never guess the other). Even though my life has plenty of challenges (that you hear all about on this blog), I have MUCH to be thankful for. I am very blessed. Plus, I make a really mean pumpkin pie.

3) I LOVE shopping on Black Friday. It was a family tradition growing up. I have a lot of fond memories with my family going out in the middle of the night to get in line. We would always celebrate our savings (and survival) over breakfast. The beauty of black Friday is that you can get all your Christmas shopping done by 8 a.m.!! Did I mention that it's AWESOME!

4) I love fall food. You might ask, "What is fall food?" I am talking fall veggies like butternut and acorn squash. I especially love that it starts feeling like "soup weather." I love me a good soup. My dad's recipe for butternut squash soup is the best. Yummo! I think I know one of the things I am making for dinner next week.

5) It is the beginning of a really fun (and crazy busy) time of year. I especially love watching Jo celebrate the holidays (minus the bratty consumer moments). Children can have such beautiful hearts. Plus, tis the season for baking, and we all know how I feel about that :-)

6) I heart coffee everyday of the year. However, it seems especially enjoyable to me on a crisp fall day...sitting outside in my jammies enjoying the crisp cool air and a hot steamy cup-o-joe. Ahhhhh....

Those are just a few of the reasons why I really cherish this time of year.

I am sure we will return to the regular scheduled programming soon ;-)

No comments: