Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm back....sort of

I would like to welcome myself back to the world of blogging. I am sure that my absence was more painful for me than anyone else! I always forget how much blogging helps me process and deal with different areas in my life. Plus, this is WAY cheaper than seeing my shrink every day.

I am officially a Kentuckian. The move that got in put in motion over 8 months ago has finally happened. I still haven't sold the house up in Wooster, and I am thinking of renting it. A decision will have to be made within the next few weeks.

For those of you who know me well (I apologize in advance), you know that I do not do well when I feel like things are out of control. So, moving isn't exactly a picnic for me. I should be a pro by now with this being our ninth move. I will say that I am a pretty darn good packer. The house got packed up in 3 days (minus Jo). We drove down and unloaded on Friday (the 22nd), and I was unpacked by Tuesday night. So, I think you can safely assume how I spent most of my time in between. A big thank you to everyone who helped me during this process :-)

I did get out for some fun. I took Jo to an Early Learners Book Club on Sat. morning with my friend Erin and her daughter Annabelle. Then, I had lunch at a great place called Doodles with Erika and her three kiddos. Johanna loves having so many built-in playmates down here already!

I headed back up to Wooster on Wednesday to pack up a few little last minute things in our old basement and organize the storage unit. Plus, we had tickets to two football games over the weekend. I had a blast getting to visit some great people who I miss dearly already. We returned to KY last night. I am ready to do a whole lot of NOTHING. Unfortunately, there is a bathroom to be painted and some new boxes to unpack. I have three letters for you- UGH.

I am glad to be back. I don't feel like myself yet. I don't normally complain. However, a new top ten list might help me feel better. I'm a little grumpy, so this is your warning that it might not be suitable for children or adults who don't get sarcasm.

Top Ten Things for me To $itch about:
1. Moving- need I say more
2. I'm sick- could be from Jo....or the half tub of cookie dough I ate last night.
3. My hair has been a real pain in the butt- I blame this on the change of weather and water, but it still sucks.
4. I'm tired- thank God the coffee pot got unpacked last week.
5. I miss people- nothing nice to put next to this
6. I need to shower and my bathroom got torn apart while I was gone....and not finished.
7. I reiterate everything that goes with #1
8. I feel a headache coming on, and I am out of Migraine medicine....and I don't have a doctor here yet.
9. My house is a mess
10. I don't feel like doing anything and that stresses me out.

So, sorry I am not my usual chipper self. But, sometimes life stinks (in which case you should read this). Cuteness to come- Johanna was the most adorable bumble bee for Halloween! I am going to go unpack my boots.....for some reason that makes me happy :-)

No comments: