Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What really matters..

I have recently been reminded of all of the blessings in my life. Friends of ours from church had a little baby almost two weeks ago (I think) and he is up in Akron Children's Hospital with heart problems. Please pray for them all as it looks like baby Ethan will have to have heart surgery this week. His parent's names are Ron and Amy, and I am sure that they appreciate all the prayers. I have been sending updates over yahoo mail to people about all this. If you would like to be included in that, please let me know. When I read the latest update about Ethan, I just burst into tears. I know that God is in control, but I cannot even imagine what Ron and Amy are going through, and my heart aches for them. As I sat there crying, Johanna was playing on the floor. As I watched her, I was once again reminded of what an amazing blessing she is. I have been anxious about today- for her doctors appt. in the middle of her nap. I once again realized that if that is all I am worried about, then I am blessed beyond measure. I have a healthy baby girl and that is a TRUE miracle. I will be posting again later today about Johanna's latest stats and info from her check-up. Please pray for Ron, Amy, and baby Ethan. Love you all. Those of you that have kids- go give them an extra hug!

No comments: