Thursday, September 11, 2008

Freezer Fabulous

I just have to share something that has been such a HUGE blessing in my life since school started. I have been doing freezer meals with three other girlfriends with families. It has been SO AMAZING! What a huge help with dinner every night.
Here's the lo-down:
We each make five meals and one dessert. The catch is that we make four of each recipe (one for ourselves and one for each other person). The meals all go in the freezer. Then, one day toward the end of the month we all meet up or coordinate schedules to trade meals. Thus, we end up with twenty dinners and four desserts. All I have to do is decide what we will want for dinner the next night and put it in the fridge to start thawing. By the time I get home from work the next day, all I do is pop it in the oven and viola......dinner!

It is sort of labor intensive when you are preparing your part of the meals. But, the end result is more then worth it. I can do up to three recipes (four of each recipe) in one day if I am home for a Saturday. I then do a recipe here and there when I have time until my recipes are done. I usually only spend about a total of four days working on my meals. After trading, I end up with a months worth of NO COOKING! The other great part is that it saves lots of money.

Maybe some day soon I will share what our September menu looked like! If any of you are interested in more details or recipes that work well, please feel free to let me know.


2 comments:

Amanda West said...

I'd love to get some recipes from you!!

Becki Visser said...

It sounds like you do Cooking Among Friends. Regardless, aren't meals (and sides and desserts) in the freezer wonderful? If I can help you at all, please let me know!
Becki Visser
www.cookingamongfriends.com