Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mrs. Miller

Hello and welcome back to the world of Mrs. Miller. I have been called Mrs. Miller more in the past three weeks than the past three months combined. Yes, school is back in session. The room is decorated, the air is hot, and the kids are wound-up- that is August for ya. It was almost 90 degrees in my room today. That mixed with a bunch of seventh graders is a recipe for a crazy day.

I am enjoying my new job. It definitely has been a HUGE adjustment. It is still hard to leave Johanna, but she seems to be enjoying herself at the babysitters. It still is hard to not be with her all day, but we will all manage to make it through.


I am slowly finding my routine in my own classroom, which is good. The staff there is amazing, so I consider myself very lucky.


We had a three day weekend for Labor Day, and I was able to visit my best friend Meredith in Boston. It was a FABULOUS weekend. I saw a lot of the sights, but I also enjoyed just getting to spend time together. We did lots of things that I love. We did the tourist thing, shopped (we even found her wedding dress!), drank martinis, talked, ate too much, watched a girly movie, sang karaoke, slept in, hung out with other friends, and even had some time to exercise. It was a whirlwind trip since I was only gone for three days, but it was a great break. Both Mere and I had to go back to work on Tuesday, so it was nice to have someone to dread the next day with on Monday.


Brian and Johanna came to pick me up at the airport. I did really miss my family, so it was good to see them.

Tomorrow begins the annual big to-do here in Wooster. That's right, it's the beginning of the good old Wayne County Fair. I am sure those of you from around here have plenty of fond memories that involve hanging out at the fair. Don't ask me why we thought this was so cool. I still enjoy going a few times to get some good food. Ummmm....cheese on a stick is like food for my thighs and soul. I also enjoy doing some people watching and wondering where all the really big freaks come from. Do they really all live around here?

Here are some pics of Johanna to help appease the angry blog viewers!

The following pictures confirm that Johanna is a shoe lover- just like her mommy! She LOVES to try on shoes. She will walk around in my shoes for hours if I let her. There are also some pics of her putting on my clothes. This is another one of her favorite hobbies. The last pic is of her and her bff Katelyn. They decided to climb in the toy chest, even though Johanna knows that she is not supposed too. Johanna looks like she knows she is about to get into trouble for this!





No comments: