Friday, November 14, 2008

Fall Festivties

I can't believe that it is almost Thanksgiving!! I have to admit that I am excited. I LOVE to celebrate the holidays with loved ones, and I LOVE to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Yes, I am insane. It has been a family tradition since I was little, and I look forward to it every year. I am sure that I will once again document the event and share some highlights with you. I think that Brian and I want to get Johanna one of the most popular toys of the year, so I might be one of those moms clawing her way towards a coveted gift. We'll see!

Since I am home taking care of Johanna, I actually have some time to post :) Thank heaven for naps!

Overall we are doing well. Brian's hours got changed around at work which is kind of hard, but at least he still has a full-time job- no complaining here. My job is going well....enough about that.

Johanna is as fun as ever. I have decided that this is the most fun age thus far. She is so communicative. She is speaking in pretty consistent 3 word sentences which is absolutely adorable. She LOVES to play, and generally just enjoys life. What is there to feel down about when you are not even 2 yet?! Here are some recent pictures-

This is Johanna playing in the leaves while daddy is raking.She really did have a blast, even though she doesn't look exactly thrilled in the pictures. She would ride on the tarp with all the leaves every time Brian had to take a trip to the front. It was so cute!


The rest are just general pictures of her around the house. The one of her in the bathroom shows her carrying around her basket of buckeyes that she just loves to play with. Yes, I know they are poisonous. No, I do not let her eat them....duh. She is not in the least but interested in putting them in her mouth.
I think she is eating something in this picture, but I just love how it shows some of her curls!
Last but not least, here is some bedhead for you. AT least she finally has enough hair to have bedhead! Yes, those are teeth marks on the side of her crib. Those are all thanks to her teething days. How good that must have felt!

4 comments:

Amanda West said...

Johanna is getting SO BIG! I love the little curls!!

Margaret Bowman said...

what is the most popular toy this year?

Rachel said...

It is the 50's diner step 2 play set. It is pretty sweet!

Sarah said...

Yeah a new post! I am missing my sis and my adorable niece. Seems like life has gotten so busy! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and spending some time together!