Monday, June 21, 2010

Inside Hugs...

I thought about posting this morning while Jo was eating breakfast, but I have kinda been sucking on the mom-o-meter lately (see this to find out why).

Jo woke me up this morning- "Mommy, mommy..It's time to get up now."

I slowly squinted one eye open and rolled over (it was 6:56 on my clock, but 7:00 on her clock- make mental note to fix that).

She came over to the other side of the bed, about 2 inches from my face, "Mommy, mommy..It's time to get up NOW!"

I slowly open up both eyes through the burning sensation realizing I definitely stayed up too late last night.

At this point Jo starts shoving my glasses on my face, "Get up mommy! Don't you want to make me breakfast?"

I withheld the urge to say my true answer and stumbled downstairs to make some killer homemade oatmeal per my 3 year old's request.

As she sat to enjoy her breakfast I sat down to a cup of coffee that I reheated from the day before (too tired to brew new- that's a bad sign). I get the mug about 3 inches away from my face and the familiar aroma enters my nose. As I take my first sip I feel the warm and smooth texture spread and I know that everything will be ok......it is an inside hug.

I am now having an afternoon inside hug. Do you think I have a problem?


No comments: