Friday, July 16, 2010

Agitation Part 2

I think that the open houses went well. I am just glad that a lot of the work is done..... for now. I feel like I can start to live again....I hope.

Short sweet and to the point-

Agitation number 2- People who are what I like to call "masters of the obvious."

This can come in various forms. Sometimes I think that people can fall into this category because they don't want to appear narcissistic even though they know full well that people were talking about them. I mean, really folks. Lets just own up to what we all know is true. You don't need to overstate the obvious.

The best example I can come up with about this one occurred when I was pregnant. I absolutely HATED going anywhere the last weeks of my pregnancy. There were the comments. Those of you who have kids know exactly what I am talking about. Comments such as-
  • "Oh, no baby yet?"
  • "You're still around huh?"
  • "What are you doing here?"
  • "When is that baby coming out?"
  • "Still pregnant, huh?"
It's a good thing the people wanted to clear up the fact that I was still pregnant b/c the over 8lb kid squirming around in my stomach didn't make it obvious or anything. I know they meant well, and probably really cared...or at least wanted to pretend to care which is more than some people (should we be masters of the obvious and try to guess who I am talking to here?!).

Bottom line advice for me (as in advice for everyone else too!)- I will try not to state things that are obvious. Also, if I have a pretty strong feeling that someone is talking about me, I am probably right. Good mental notes here folks.

No comments: