Monday, July 19, 2010

Finding Mommy-

I feel like I have begun to rediscover myself as a mommy lately. Things were so crazy during the house prep and with the other stresses we have been going though...well, let's just say that I am not exactly in the running for Mother-of-the-Year. I have been feeling more like my picture would be posted on some new mom training site as an example of what not to do.

The good news is that I think a lot of this has been less obvious to Jo. She has just assumed mom was "grumpy" a little more often than normal. Since things have calmed down a bit, I have taken more time to actually "be" with her instead of just being around her. It has been fabulous :)

I am not trying to say that everything is always great now. She still frustrates me past the point of sanity and asks a million questions a day (many that I have already answered at least 5 times). She still makes messes a lot and whines even more (really working on this one-will keep you posted).

But, she also gives the best hugs. The kind where she just wraps her arms around my neck and picks her feet up off the ground. She has the BEST smile..a little crooked like her halo. Her laugh is contagious and she is constantly trying to make me laugh. She is quite the comedian. She loves to dance and sing and get others to join in the fun. She bounces wherever she goes and when I am calm enough to not be frustrated with her energy I realize that she is JUST LIKE ME!

God has the best sense of humor. Many people who knew me growing up comment on how much Jo is like me. I think they think of the tough things like the fact that she tries to be super manipulative (even at the age of 3!), is high energy pretty much all the time, and likes to be the center of attention. I like to think about her love for others- like whenever someone is crying she wants to give them a hug, rub their back, and really cares about what is bothering them. She is a great comforter. She loves going to church and learning about her friend Jesus (whom she is constantly looking for). Her laugh and smile light up a room, and her sense of humor brightens my every day. She is friendly to everyone and has a way of making others feel special.

So....when people tell me I got what I deserved- I'd like to think they are right.

In honor of Jo, here is a top ten of her favorite things to do so far this summer-
  1. Go swimming
  2. Play with cousins
  3. Eat Popsicles
  4. Ride bikes
  5. Dance
  6. Watch movies or new shows with mommy
  7. Watch music videos on mommy's computer
  8. Dig for worms
  9. Catch lightening bugs
  10. Play pirates with mommy (you should have seen our pirate ship made out of a Dora chair...pretty sweet)

No comments: